I have discovered at least 7 completely fool proof ways to zap my eyes into twinkling again.
1. Bubble baths-candlelight is required in this case.
2. Prayer (you can determine what that means to you.)
3. Paul Simon, in particular “Something So Right”, “Gone at Last”, and the entire “Graceland” album.
4. Completely natural flirtation, however natural is the key word. And this is debatable as to whether or not this is a great idea, but I’m vain enough for it to work. (See my first post for a better understanding on my vanity.)
5. Dyeing my hair.
6. Rereading through my journal and/or my silly file entitled “Nicest Things People Have Said to Me” in which I type up all of the compliments that stick with me. (Great idea for those of you who are too blind to see your value; you’ll see what you’re worth through the reflection of others’ reactions.)
7. Forgiving whatever it is that clung to my soul and tried to suck me dry.
P.S. I would like to apologize to my male readers that aren’t comfortable with the concept of lounging in bubbles with candlelight. I wish I could write you some alternatives and yet, a golden bath is irreplaceable. I am so grateful I’m a girl, I would be heartbroken without all of the glorious pursuits that so many men turn down due to foolish society “rules”.